Senior Client Advisor, Institutions
P | 585.586.0970
E | email@example.com
Join Date: April 2005
Tim works primarily with institutional clients, including foundations and endowments, to provide guidance on fiduciary governance, investment policy and asset allocation modeling. Tim’s work helps clients identify portfolio risks that may impact spending and long-term asset growth.
Tim brings more than 25 years of experience in economics, business and the capital markets to his role at Alesco. Earlier in his career, Tim spent more than a decade as a financial journalist working for the Christian Science Monitor, The Wall Street Journal and CNBC, where he was an on-air reporter covering financial markets and investing. He also worked for the global index company, FTSE Group (now FTSE Russell), helping expand the use of FTSE index products among institutional asset managers.
Credentials & Education
- BA Communications and History, DePauw University
- MA Broadcast Journalism, Boston University
Tim currently serves on several not-for-profit boards including the Seneca Waterways Council, Boy Scouts of America, The Salvation Army of Greater Rochester (Past Board Chair), and the YMCA of Greater Rochester where he is on the Executive Committee and is chair of the Annual Campaign. Tim is a former Trustee of the Harley School and currently serves as Co-Chair of the Development Committee. Tim was also a volunteer youth soccer coach and served as Cubmaster for Cub Scout Pack 77 and assistant Scoutmaster and Community Service Mentor for Boy Scout Troop 167.
Awards & Recognition
- 2008: Adult Volunteer of the Year, Lewis Street Family YMCA
- 2006: 40 Under 40 Recipient, Rochester Business Journal
- 2000: DePauw University - Watson Forum Speaker at the Pulliam Center for Contemporary Media - “CNBC Market Maker or Breaker?”
- 1999: Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism - Financial Writers and Editors Award for Best Business and Financial News Coverage - “Canada’s Currency Crisis” on CNBC
Tim and his wife, Erica, reside in Pittsford, NY with their two sons.