P | 585.586.0970
E | email@example.com
Founded Alesco in 2000
Jim is the co-founder and President of Alesco Advisors LLC and brings over 30 years of investment advisory experience to his role as leader of the firm. In addition to Jim's leadership responsibilities, he is actively involved in business development and client service, and is a member of the firm's Investment Committee. Prior to founding the firm, Jim was President of Clover Capital Management, Inc., a Rochester, NY-based investment advisor.
Earlier in his career, Jim worked as a financial analyst at Xerox, an audit and tax accountant at Peat, Marwick Mitchell (now KPMG), and was a large systems sales representative for IBM.
Credentials & Education
- BBA Accounting, St. Bonaventure University
- Master’s Degree Accounting, Rochester Institute of Technology
- Certified Public Accountant
Jim currently serves or has served on numerous not-for-profit boards, has been an active volunteer for many community events, and coached Little League softball and CYO basketball for a dozen years.
Jim is a member of the Board of Directors for ROC 2025, an organization dedicated to making Greater Rochester one of the most dynamic and rapidly growing regional economies in the nation. He has also served as a board member for several privately-owned organizations. In addition, he served as Director of Anaren, Inc., a public company headquartered in Syracuse, NY.
Awards & Recognition
- 2018: Inducted into the Rochester Business Hall of Fame
- 2010: William “Stax” McCarthy Alumnus of the Year, St. Bonaventure University
- 2008: Martin F. Birmingham Leader in Philanthropy Award, St. Ann’s Community
- 2008: Gaudete Medal Recipient, St. Bonaventure University
- 1997: 40 Under 40 Recipient, Rochester Business Journal
Jim and his wife Ann reside in Pittsford, NY. They have four adult daughters and an ever-growing number of grandchildren.