An Outsourced Chief Investment Officer (OCIO) serves as dedicated, external resource for overseeing all aspects of the investment process. Growth in investment assets managed by OCIO’s have more than doubled since 2010 and are expected to double again by 2022. With ever increasing levels of fiduciary and litigation risk, many organizations are looking to protect their staff and board members.
Moreover, when properly implemented, outsourcing investment decisions can lead to higher returns. There are also other unique benefits to OCIO such as timely decision-making and implementation, scalability, custom solutions, and cost savings.
A good OCIO will act in a manner that minimizes conflicts of interest. This allows for the OCIO to select investment vehicles that are exclusively in the best interest of the client.
As an OCIO service provider, Alesco Advisors aims to optimize the risk-adjusted return potential of our clients’ portfolios. With our discretionary approach, we can execute investment strategy on a timely basis, and free up staff and committee members. We utilize passive investments whenever possible to reduce the cost and virtually eliminate manager risk and style drift risk. We make the engagement with the investment committee, board of directors, and other staff collaborative and efficient; combined with general education around investment trends and issues.
Included in Alesco’s OCIO service model:
- Investment policy consulting and maintenance
- Analysis of investment restrictions impact and spending policies
- Asset allocation modeling
- Discretionary portfolio management
- Open architecture approach to manager selection
- Portfolio rebalancing
- Strategic & tactical portfolio adjustments
- Due diligence and analysis of investment managers
- Timely and comprehensive portfolio performance benchmarking, analytics, and reporting
- Ongoing education of committee, board, and staff
- Fee-only, no proprietary funds or revenue-sharing arrangements
Alesco Advisors has two decades of experience managing investments for institutional clients. Over that time our investment philosophy, utilizing index-centic investments, has remained unchanged and is gaining more and more of a market share among institutional investors.
Our client composition displays a wealth of experience working with institutional 100 not-for-profit organizations. Contact us to learn more about the Outsourced Chief Investment Officer services Alesco provides to our clients.